What is ADEPT?
ADEPT(Arka Diabetes Education Programme for Type 2 Diabetes) is a unique structured education programme for people with type 2 diabetes − to increase one's understanding which will enable them to deal with their chronic disease effectively. It is an interactive, newly developed process involving the person with diabetes (with a caregiver or family member) and diabetes educators.
Benefits of ADEPT:
- Have better control of blood glucose
- Improved quality of life post-education
- Have fewer diabetes-related complications
- Successful weight management
- Improved understanding of diabetes
- Stay healthier
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes?
- If your answer is yes - attend ADEPT which is aimed at helping you manage your diabetes more effectively.
- It is a way to find out more and educate you about Type 2 diabetes.
- It is a resource to help you manage diabetes and associated issues efficiently.
- It is an opportunity to meet and share experiences with others.
What does ADEPT involve?
- 6 hours of structured group education on self management – One day format
- Delivered by expert doctors and diabetes educators
- For those with established diabetes and newly diagnosed
- Deliverable in local community venues
- In groups of 30-40 participants who may wish to bring a partner/friend with them
- Dr. Muthukumaran Jayapaul (Endocrinologist)
- Dr. Bharath (Endocrinologist)
- Dr. Riyaz Sheriff (Endocrinologist)
- Dr. Kamali (Psychologist)
- Dr. Kamaraj (Psychologist)
- Mrs. Kirtica Deepak (Diabetes educator)
We have launched the ADEPT programme in Chennai in February 2014.
We regularly conduct ADEPT programmes in English & Tamil, For further information and registration, Please contact: 24900050/51, 9043162629